Apply for your Import License…
This really is something that you can do yourself without needing to hire a company to do it for you. It’s as easy as getting the paperwork organized and going down to SARS to hand it in… plus it’s free.
If you want to apply for your company’s import license then here’s what you’ll need (download the docs by completing your details below):
- Signed company letterhead requesting application
- SA ID of directors
- COR14.3 Company Reg Certificate
- Confirmation of bank account
- Proof of company address
- VAT certificate or Tax Reference No confirmation
- DA185 SARS doc (available below)
- DA185.4A1 doc for import application (available below)
- DA185.4A2 doc for export application (available below)
* We suggest that you also apply for your export license at the same time as it doesn’t cost any extra and you may need this to return stock to suppliers in the future.
Once you have these docs ready visit your local SARS branch which offers import license applications. Not all branches process applications so check with your local branch to see if you can apply there. We know that Germiston, Pretoria and Pietermaritzburg branches do (so does OR Thambo but they are not recommended).
Enter your name and email address below to subscribe. You’ll receive informative updates and insider eCommerce tips about running an online store in South Africa. You’ll also get early enrollment offers on all future courses launched!
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account